Sunday, April 11, 2010

What a week

Well, it has been five days since I found out my mom was diagnosed with lung CANCER...what a week. It has been an emotional rollercoaster. My mom is gradually getting her strength back..she is talking more and can still get on to me. She is so independent that she is having a hard time accepting she is not capable of keeping up the same routine.

Today she got to come home from the hospital...what a great sight to see my mom back in her own house and out of that hospital room. Eventhough I know the future is uncertain it is such a positive feeling seeing her at home. She actually got on the computer herself and is fitting right in back to her own environment.

Today the gentlemen from the air company came by and set up her O2 apparatus...what a nice guy. His name was Terry...he was a black man, probably around 35 to 40 years old. While he was explaining the instruments to me he stopped and said "this really has you guys shooken up, huh?" I said "yes sir, it does". He carried on with the instructions and showed me how everything worked. After that he stood up and looked at my mom and said "you have pneumonia, huh?" My Mom said "yes sir, and Lung Cancer". He then said, "Well, you haven't had a second opinion yet, so they may be wrong". My Mom just looked at him. When he finished talking to me and my brother he went up to my Mom and grabbed her hand. He looked her straight in the eye and said "I have faith that they were wrong" and just walked out the door. Now, I don't know this guy from Adam, and he has never stepped foot in this house before but WOW what a way to make a exit. I now have a renewed faith that everything may come out just a little bit better. Maybe it's not as bad as first thought. I can ownly pray, pray that God will take care of my Mom no matter what the outcome.

Thanks Terry the air guy, for bringing a little bit of faith into this house....You truly are one of Gods messengers.

1 comment:

  1. Funny how those angels come so suddenly into our lives....glad you recognized it for what it truly was. You are engulfed in prayer...smoothered by it really. I love you so much...

    ReplyDelete