Friday, April 16, 2010

Positive thoughts

Well, my wife and kids and I traveled down to Texas today to see my mom. It was a looooong drive. 9+ hours in a minivan with a 5 and 2 year old. Like I said...it was a loooong drive. We listened to the Elmo learning how to take a pooh video...Madagascar Christmas...Nemo...Little Mermaid and the list goes on. The last hour we were so stirr crazy that everyone in the car was just started screaming at the top of there lungs. You know....it actually felt kinda good.

We got to my brothers home in Mckinney, TX. He lives in a nice neighbor hood with a awesome park. We took all the kids to the park to burn of the drive. My little 5 year old girl learned how to dribble a basketball and she climbed a rockwall so high it made me very nervous. She is such a brave little girl. My little 2 year old boy was climbing everything and anything. He himself is a brave little boy.

After the park my brother and I went to the hospital to visit my Mom. She is in the ICU so the images in my head were not very pleasant as to what I was going to see. What a pleasant surprise. We got to her room and she looked better tonight then she has the last week or so. She was actually smiling and could squeeze my hand so hard that it actually kind of hurt. She was still not breathing as strong as I would like, but the images in my head were soon faded away with the beautiful images of my mom. It was so good seeing her like I remember her. She wasn't exactly the same but I could see my mom in there. I didn't see the mom that was having such a hard time breathing and standing just two days ago. She looked great. In my head I know that she is still very sick and has a very long road ahead of her but it was definetly a positive experience. I am so excited to get to see her again tomorrow. I asked her how the doctors were treating her and she said everyone at the hospital is taking care of her very well. I think she starts chemo tomorrow so it will be a tough day but I know she can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment